Monday, March 11, 2013

L'oreal Voluminous Macara


L’oreal Voluminous is my absolute, all time favorite mascara. It has a nice, fat brush with a ton of bristles to separate lashes while coating them all. In the pictures below I’m wearing the mascara in “Blackest Black” color. The color is very saturated and pigmented. You get a lot of color payout from even one coat, which is all I usually do. I’d also love to try the brown/black version for a bit of a softer look for Spring.  I have very sensitive eyes and skin, and this mascara doesn’t bother them, unlike my next mascara review. It doesn’t have a detectable scent, which is nice as a lot of mascaras smell a bit unpleasant. I can’t be the only one who sniffs their mascara, right?


The actual mascara formula is thick and rich. It coats the lashes but has enough texture to give it the volume that this mascara is named after. It’s the perfect consistency that I like. Not too runny or too dry. So it gives them a nice, even coat without pulling the lashes out, which happens more than you might think with mascaras. I find that the size and shape of the brush are great for getting both top and bottom lashes with no problems, though some people prefer to have teeny brushes for their bottom lashes. It also happens to be one of the cheapest mascaras on the market at around $5 each, and you can get it on sale or use a coupon. I’m really impressed all around with this mascara. The only thing I’ve noticed is that it will start to clump your lashes if you’ve had it too long, but a little secret I have is to add just a few drops of pure saline solution *like you use to moisten your eyes* into the tube and swirl it. You’ll get rejuvenated mascara and save some money, which always a plus in my book. This mascara is so great that they’ve run out a whole line of mascaras under this name. The next mascara which I’ll be reviewing is one of those. It, unfortunately, is not the star that L’oreal Voluminous is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment